Through the commitment of our volunteers, we have been supporting and educating people, providing information and training, challenging prejudice and discrimination and helping to keep the reality of HIV and the needs of people affected as high-profile as possible.
Volunteers have always been a significant and important element of LASS, bringing a wide range of skills, interests, life experiences and cultural backgrounds that reflect, strengthen and benefit our work and the lives of the people we support.
We welcome people who are genuinely interested in HIV, are open-minded, non-judgemental, trustworthy and wanting to help make a difference, to become involved with us as a volunteer.
What will you get out of it?
- Gain experience in HIV relating matters.
- Make a positive contribution to your community.
- Opportunities to network and meet new people.
- Free training on sexual health and HIV.
- Learn leadership skills.
- A great thing to put on your CV.
- References (subject conditions)